August 25, 2007

Rope Swinging and Mt Elden



This weekend started on Friday with a trip down to Sedona to an amazing rope swing on Oak Creek. There was a telephone poll bolted to the side of a cliff and some logs on the opposite side of the creek to walk up and take flight from.

Alex showing us entering grads how it is.



A little low to start, but that puppy shoots you high no matter what.


Some other people came down and showed us their bouldering route. I caught all three in action, one off the swing!



Today I decided to conquer Mt. Elden, the closest high point to my place. There is a nice trail straight to the top about 2.5 miles long. I wore flips b/c my right Achilles tendon is bruised and hurts in regular shoes. Halfway up the mountain my right flip broke at the top so I used a broken draw string from my shorts to keep things together. This worked in intervals because I had to keep adjusting it. When I got to the top I found a zip tie and seemed to do the trick on the way down. The one time I have been thankful for occasional trash on the ground. I've been watching too much survivor man...here's the pictorial:

No comments: